Hanoi is now one of the world's top 100 most popular tourist destinations.
DNHN - Hanoi still offers an abundance of exciting activities and attractions, from bustling local markets to awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage sites like the Imperial Citadel.
The leading Canadian tourism consulting firm Resonance Consultancy (Canada) has placed Hanoi at number 96 on its list of the "100 best tourist cities in the world" compiled annually. In addition to Hanoi, Singapore (5th) and Bangkok (39th) are two other Southeast Asian cities in the top 100.
This list recognizes London, the capital of the United Kingdom, as the best city in the world, followed by Paris and New York.
Resonance Consultancy analyzed more than 270 cities worldwide with populations greater than one million based on a variety of criteria, including attractions and landmarks, airport connectivity, parks and recreation, nightlife, restaurants, shopping, and GDP per capita, which were grouped into three main pillars.
"Despite not being as large or as busy as Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi still has plenty of exciting activities and attractions, from bustling local markets to heritage buildings."
Outdoor activities and shopping are highlighted as the top attractions in the capital of Vietnam.
With a population of 7.5 million, Hanoi is filled with both traditional markets and high-end shopping venues. The pedestrian areas surrounding Hoan Kiem Lake and certain streets in the Old Quarter that are open on weekends are always popular with locals and visitors.
According to the city's Department of Tourism, Hanoi welcomed 18.9 million tourists in the first nine months of 2023, a 36.5% increase compared to the same period in the previous year. Among them, the number of international tourists reached 3,2 million, a fourfold increase over the same period last year and a significant increase over this year's goal of 3 million international tourists.
- Over 400 businesses to participate in Vietnam ETE & Enertec Expo 2024
- Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
- Unilever Vietnam and nearly Three Decades of Accompanying Vietnam’s Sustainable Development
- Chu Lai International Airport to become international air logistics service centre
- THACO to Recruit over 12,000 New Employees as It Expands into Agriculture
- Dong Thap Welcomes Delegations from Three Provinces of the Kingdom of Cambodia for a Visit and Tet Celebration
- What Obstacles Will the Vietnamese Textile Industry Face in 2024?
- ADB Ready to Support Vietnam in Accessing Loans and Promoting Sustainable Development
- Mr Truong Gia Binh: Vietnamese Labour Force Ready to Take on Semiconductor Industry
- Vietnam-US Trade Turnover Exceeds US$100 Billion for Three Consecutive Years
- Abundant High-Paying Job Opportunities for Vietnamese Workers Abroad
- Can Tho is Accompanied and Developed by VNPT Can Tho Into a Modern and Civilised Metropolis
- Big 4 Banks Secure Profits Reaching and Exceeding the Billion-Dollar Mark
- Hai Phong City: A “Bright Spot” for FDI Attraction
- Korea-Vietnam Basketball Exchange Event to Take Place Soon
- Nam Can Tho University - Providing ASEAN-level Human Resources for the 4.0 Era
- Can Tho Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority: 20 Years of Rising from Adversity
- Vietnam's Trade Surplus with EU and US Markets Reaches $125 Billion
- Vietnam sees remarkable progress in Global Innovation Index
- President Vo Van Thuong attended the 10th anniversary of VSIP Quang Ngai
Tripadvisor suggests activities to experience in the bay such as going on a wildlife exploration tour, kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, cruising on the turquoise waters, etc.
After setting Vietnamese and Asian records, ROBOT Company has continued to research and develop a range of floor-standing alkaline ionised water purifiers, the first of their kind in the world.
The Ladies of All Nations International Vietnam - United Kingdom (LOANI VN-UK) recently teamed up with Ark Oval Primary Academy in Croydon, London, to host a “Lunar New Year Celebration”.
Van Yen District, Yen Bai Province, it is estimated that over the two days of the festival, the Dong Cuong Temple Festival attracted nearly 80,000 visitors to visit, make pilgrimages and participate in the festival’s activities.
Every story in life is told in many different ways. Ms Nguyen Thuy Huong, Director of Ha Long Pearl JSC, chose to talk about her journey and experiences through Ha Long pearls - the “heritage” pearl.
Nestlé Vietnam continues to lead the Top 100 “Sustainable Businesses in 2023” in the manufacturing sector, as voted by the Vietnam Business Council for Sustainable Development, under the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI).
From 15th to 17th February, the People’s Committee of Tan Lac district solemnly organised the 2024 Muong ethnic group’s Khai Ha Festival at Phong Phu communal stadium (Tan Lac district).
According to the Phu Tho Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, during the 7-day Lunar New Year holiday, Phu Tho welcomed approximately 564,200 tourists, nearly three times more than in 2023.
As an international sailing race, Clipper Race 2023-2024 promises to bring positive impressions of the country and people of Quang Ninh, exciting experiences for domestic and foreign tourists, and opportunities for cultural and tourism connections.
On February 5 (the 26th day of the Lunar New Year), at Dong Nai Provincial Library, the Provincial Party Committee’s Propaganda Department held the opening ceremony of the Dong Nai Province Spring Newspaper Exhibition for the Year of the Dragon 2024.