Five Vietnamese regions that will lead the GRDP in 2023
DNHN - On the contrary to Bac Ninh, a prominent industrial hub in the northern region, a considerable number of provinces and cities experienced substantial economic expansion, outperforming the performance of the previous year.
Based on data from the General Statistics Office, the gross regional product (GRDP) growth rates of five provinces and cities are the highest in the nation this year. Bac Giang has the highest at 13.45%, followed by Hau Giang at 27%, Quang Ninh at 11.03%, Khanh Hoa at 10.35%, and Hai Phong City at 10.34% when compared to the corresponding period in 2022.
Furthermore, the GRDP growth rate in these regions has reached noteworthy levels in 2022. In comparison to the previous year, the following cities experienced growth: Hau Giang witnessed a 13.94% increase, Quang Ninh saw a 10.28% increase, Khanh Hoa observed a 20.7% increase, and Hai Phong city displayed a 12.32% increase. Additionally, several other municipalities have experienced substantial growth rates in their GRDP this year. These include Nam Dinh, which witnessed a growth rate of 10.19%, Hung Yen, which surged at 10.05%, Ha Nam, which increased by 9.41%, Ninh Thuan, which surged by 9.4%, and Phu Yen, which surged by 9.16%.
The country's two largest economic centers, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, will continue to experience economic expansion in 2023. Hanoi is projected to experience a growth of approximately 6.27%, whereas Ho Chi Minh City is anticipated to witness an increase of 5.7% during the corresponding period of the previous year.
According to the General Statistics Office, certain regions experienced an economic downturn in 2018 when compared to 2022. These regions include Ba Ria Vung Tau province, which witnessed a decline of 1.02%, Lai Chau, which witnessed a decline of 2.77%, and Quang Nam, which witnessed a decline of 8.25%. When speaking with Tuoi Tre Online, a representative of the General Statistics Office stated that even though the domestic and international economic climate in 2023 remains fraught with challenges, certain provinces and cities have managed to attain this level of development. High growth as a result of retaining key export products and capitalizing on additional growth advantages.
- Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
- Unilever Vietnam and nearly Three Decades of Accompanying Vietnam’s Sustainable Development
- Chu Lai International Airport to become international air logistics service centre
- THACO to Recruit over 12,000 New Employees as It Expands into Agriculture
- Dong Thap Welcomes Delegations from Three Provinces of the Kingdom of Cambodia for a Visit and Tet Celebration
- What Obstacles Will the Vietnamese Textile Industry Face in 2024?
- ADB Ready to Support Vietnam in Accessing Loans and Promoting Sustainable Development
- Mr Truong Gia Binh: Vietnamese Labour Force Ready to Take on Semiconductor Industry
- Vietnam-US Trade Turnover Exceeds US$100 Billion for Three Consecutive Years
- Abundant High-Paying Job Opportunities for Vietnamese Workers Abroad
- Can Tho is Accompanied and Developed by VNPT Can Tho Into a Modern and Civilised Metropolis
- Big 4 Banks Secure Profits Reaching and Exceeding the Billion-Dollar Mark
- Hai Phong City: A “Bright Spot” for FDI Attraction
- Korea-Vietnam Basketball Exchange Event to Take Place Soon
- Nam Can Tho University - Providing ASEAN-level Human Resources for the 4.0 Era
- Can Tho Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority: 20 Years of Rising from Adversity
- Vietnam's Trade Surplus with EU and US Markets Reaches $125 Billion
- Vietnam sees remarkable progress in Global Innovation Index
- President Vo Van Thuong attended the 10th anniversary of VSIP Quang Ngai
- Global Sources "entered deeply" into Vietnam markets after 28 years of empowering Global Trade
CapitaLand Development pledges US$30,000 to support early childhood education in Binh Duong province
CapitaLand Development (CLD) has launched the “Steps of Love” campaign in collaboration with the Binh Duong Red Cross Society.
Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
Looking back on the difficult journey in 2023, the Party Committee, government, people and business community in Long An province can be proud to have successfully and comprehensively “overcome the headwinds” together with the whole country.
CareerViet, a company operating in the HR sector, recently organised the successful “Holistic Excellence” event and the “Employer of Choice 2023” awards ceremony, which brought together over 1,000 representatives from leading businesses in Vietnam.
Nguyen Binh Noodles, a brand producing fresh noodles, pho noodles, and fresh macaroni in Ho Chi Minh City, is busy preparing its first export orders after exploring foreign markets since 2023.
A report by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has found that increasing access to domestic trade finance could boost Vietnam’s imports and exports by $55 billion a year.
On February 21, 2024, the “Happy New Year - Breakthrough Connection 2024” festival of the BNI Thanh Hoa Association took place in Thanh Hoa City. The programme was attended by 180 member business owners and 70 guest businesses.
The choice of Binh Duong to host the departure ceremony for this international intermodal train is of great significance. Binh Duong is located in the southeastern region and is one of the most dynamic localities in the south.
Becamex IDC Corporation invests in the Ham Tan - La Gi Industrial - Urban - Service Zone project, with a scale of 5,000 ha and an investment capital of VND 20,000 billion.
With outstanding development potential, along with support from the Government and functional agencies, Binh Thuan has attracted special attention from domestic and foreign investors.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung affirms that Vietnam will become a reliable partner and a key link in the global semiconductor value chain.