The United States and Vietnam encourage export firms to comply with customs regulations
- Socially Responsible Enterprise
- 23:05 19/09/2022
DNHN - The execution of the "Program to support and encourage businesses to voluntarily comply with the law" helps businesses and the business community first and foremost, thus businesses must collaborate closely with customs authorities to examine the existing state of compliance with customs legislation.
According to the General Department of Customs, out of more than 190,000 firms with import and export activities assessed on the Customs sector's risk management system, only over 10% comply with the average and high level, while 89% are at the low or non-compliant level.
The General Department of Customs and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) have signed a memorandum of agreement to launch a pilot initiative to support and encourage businesses to comply with Customs legislation voluntarily. The "Pilot program to help and encourage firms to voluntarily comply with customs legislation" aims for all organizations participating in the program to gradually increase their compliance (80% medium and high compliance) after two years of implementation. The Customs officials utilize these outcomes, as well as the firms participating in the program, as propagandists to assist the remaining enterprises to feel more comfortable with the law.
Because this is a pilot initiative, the participants are carefully chosen; the first phase includes more than 266 firms of various sorts, including state and foreign-invested enterprises. Foreign direct investment (FDI), small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), and import and export company types Customs will then have an overview to establish acceptable measures for each category.
The Program benefits participating businesses by reducing customs clearance time, lowering costs for businesses, and arranging a separate stream to support (depending on the conditions of each unit); aided by experienced customs officers, increasing the proportion of green channels - reducing the proportion of yellow and red channels (currently, the proportion of green channels is 66.11%, yellow channels 29.82%, and red channels: 4.06%); warning potential risk factors to participate businesses.
During this time, the General Department of Customs prioritizes agents performing customs processes. Currently, Vietnam has 1,413 customs clearance agents, with agents clearing around 7% of customs filings. The number of firms participating in the program will progressively expand in the following stage, based on the conditions and capacities of each location.
According to the General Department of Customs, the implementation of the "Program to support and encourage businesses to voluntarily comply with the law" benefits businesses and the business community first and foremost, so businesses must closely coordinate with the customs authority to re-evaluate the current status of compliance with the current customs law, to specify the factors and causes affecting compliance;
- Exporting agricultural products to Japan Opportunities and Challenges for Vietnamese Businesses
- VNG was named at the top of the best working environment in Vietnam in 2023
- Arton Capital Vietnam and Enterprises and Integration Magazine signed a strategic cooperation agreement
- 2023 will open up new cooperation opportunities between Vietnam and the Czech Republic
- Expecting to join CPTPP, businesses from the UK are especially interested in Vietnam
- ESG procedures will improve and become more systematic once ESG is seen as an opportunity
- Horasis 2022 India Economic Cooperation Forum opens up many cooperation and investment opportunities in Binh Duong
- Prime Minister: It's the responsibility with people if we can't spend money
- Mr Nguyen Minh Cuong, ADB's Chief Economist in Vietnam, believes that Vietnam will continue to recover in the coming months
- ASEAN exports are expanding remarkably and significantly
- Francois Painchaud, IMF Representative in Vietnam and Laos: There are several ways to enhance Vietnam's macroeconomic base
- Nghe An focuses on completing five goals to welcome the new wave of investment
- Vietnam has seven advantages that "attract" international investment
- The United States and Vietnam encourage export firms to comply with customs regulations
- Phu Tho province promotes cooperation with Laotian provinces
- Mr Pham Minh Chinh, Prime Minister of Vietnam, collaborates with the Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group
- Cultural cooperation contributes significantly to the development of diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Italy
- Vietnam tourism is rebounding strongly, with domestic visitors reaching an all-time high
Đọc thêm Socially Responsible Enterprise
Phu My Hung Festival children gives 10,000 gifts and creates a free playground for children on June 1
This is also one of the annual community events organized by Phu My Hung Company to gradually enhance the quality of life for urban residents in particular and Ho Chi Minh City residents in general.
Improve capacity to respond to incidents, natural disasters, and search and rescue
Focusing on frequent types of incidents and natural disasters, by 2030, the community will be equipped with the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to respond to and overcome the effects of incidents and natural disasters. occurrence
Hai Phong arranges a free parking spot for people to attend the Red Phoenix Flower Festival
The People's Committee of the city of Hai Phong has just issued a document requesting that departments and agencies provide timely information, unify festival stages, and ensure the festival is held in absolute safety while remaining impressive
Hai Phong City introduces a new tourism product Free Walking Tour
To commemorate the 68th anniversary of the liberation of Hai Phong and the Red Phoenix Flower Festival - Hai Phong 2023, the Department of Tourism organized a program to promote Hai Phong tourism and introduce a new tourism product
Enterprises support Nghe An Study Promotion Fund with VND 2 billion to help students with difficult circumstances
The Nghe An Study Promotion Fund has just received two billion Vietnamese Dong from businesses to assist disadvantaged students with their studies.
Hai Phong promotes thrift practice and waste prevention in the city
The City People's Committee has just issued Document 681/UBND-TC2, requesting that the Departments, departments, branches, and district People's Committees focus on promoting thrift and combating waste in the city.
The 2nd journey to protect public health with the message "We need to be healthy"
The second journey to protect public health involved tens of thousands of Ho Chi Minh City the University of Technology students. Ho Chi Minh City - HUTECH continues to disseminate the humane and significant message, "We must be healthy."
Thai Binh issues bidding documents for 5 real estate projects with a total value of more than 2,000 billion VND
Thai Binh is currently issuing bidding documents for five real estate projects with a total estimated cost of more than 2,363 billion VND; the bid opening period is split between May 31 and June 1.
Commencement of construction on Phu Vinh bridge, An Giang province with a cost of more than 1 billion VND
An Giang province will be constructed with dimensions of 39 meters in length, 4.5 meters in width, and 5 tons in capacity. The bridge is anticipated to be finished within three months of construction.
Ho Chi Minh City Police with the program "Traditional fire fighting"
Ho Chi Minh City Police held the "Traditional Firefighting" program on March 22 in the evening, exchanging and meeting with typical Youth Union cadres from different periods and City Police Youth.