The United States and Vietnam encourage export firms to comply with customs regulations
DNHN - The execution of the "Program to support and encourage businesses to voluntarily comply with the law" helps businesses and the business community first and foremost, thus businesses must collaborate closely with customs authorities to examine the existing state of compliance with customs legislation.
According to the General Department of Customs, out of more than 190,000 firms with import and export activities assessed on the Customs sector's risk management system, only over 10% comply with the average and high level, while 89% are at the low or non-compliant level.
The General Department of Customs and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) have signed a memorandum of agreement to launch a pilot initiative to support and encourage businesses to comply with Customs legislation voluntarily. The "Pilot program to help and encourage firms to voluntarily comply with customs legislation" aims for all organizations participating in the program to gradually increase their compliance (80% medium and high compliance) after two years of implementation. The Customs officials utilize these outcomes, as well as the firms participating in the program, as propagandists to assist the remaining enterprises to feel more comfortable with the law.
Because this is a pilot initiative, the participants are carefully chosen; the first phase includes more than 266 firms of various sorts, including state and foreign-invested enterprises. Foreign direct investment (FDI), small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), and import and export company types Customs will then have an overview to establish acceptable measures for each category.
The Program benefits participating businesses by reducing customs clearance time, lowering costs for businesses, and arranging a separate stream to support (depending on the conditions of each unit); aided by experienced customs officers, increasing the proportion of green channels - reducing the proportion of yellow and red channels (currently, the proportion of green channels is 66.11%, yellow channels 29.82%, and red channels: 4.06%); warning potential risk factors to participate businesses.
During this time, the General Department of Customs prioritizes agents performing customs processes. Currently, Vietnam has 1,413 customs clearance agents, with agents clearing around 7% of customs filings. The number of firms participating in the program will progressively expand in the following stage, based on the conditions and capacities of each location.
According to the General Department of Customs, the implementation of the "Program to support and encourage businesses to voluntarily comply with the law" benefits businesses and the business community first and foremost, so businesses must closely coordinate with the customs authority to re-evaluate the current status of compliance with the current customs law, to specify the factors and causes affecting compliance;
- Five Vietnamese regions that will lead the GRDP in 2023
- Korea and Vietnam strengthened their partnership in the realm of defence trade.
- Vietnam's textile and garment export market has experienced unprecedented growth, according to VITAS.
- Vietnam and the United States: An unparalleled opportunity to establish innovative new areas of collaboration
- The Red Star Business Club investigates and learns about investment prospects in the province of Hoa Binh.
- Hanoi collaborates and establishes ties with Asahikawa City, Japan.
- Binh Duong actively engages in digital transformation to aid businesses.
- For the tourism sector in Vietnam to expand rapidly and sustainably,
- Vietnam and Cambodia share a unique and invaluable relationship that is beneficial to both nations.
- Will this year be the most prosperous ever for rice exports?
- "Technology application trends for the automobile industry in the context of the Fourth Industrial Revolution" is the name of the workshop held at Southern Can Tho University.
- Strategies to help small and medium-sized businesses expand their export business
- Can Tho desires to strengthen cooperative ties, advance peace and prosperity, and attract foreign direct investment from Japan, the United States, and Australia.
- A comprehensive strategic cooperation agreement was signed between Pharmacity and Tracybee
- After the first nine months of 2023, plastic exports will surpass $3.7 billion.
- 10 years of stable development cooperation between Bac Ninh and Goertek Group
- Hanoi is now one of the world's top 100 most popular tourist destinations.
- Minister of Planning and Investment: Maintain a 5% annual GDP growth target.
- Textile and Apparel Association: Lessons and suggestions for companies to "transform" for the new era.
Hoa Binh: The business community is at the forefront of a nationwide effort to unite in support of the impoverished.
Pioneering the emulation movement, the business community of Hoa Binh province upholds the spirit and social responsibility of the community while concentrating on restoring production and business following the pandemic.
The Vietnam Minh Trung Group Public Company donated 12.5 billion VND to restore cultural and historical artefacts.
On the morning of October 23, 2023 (September 9, Year of the Cat), at the Jade Emperor Pagoda in Dai Lai village, Dai Lai commune, Gia Binh district, Bac Ninh province, Minh Trung Vietnam Group Joint Stock Company organised the Casting ceremony
Midori Apparel Vietnam Hoa Binh Co., Ltd. contributed 80 million VND to the construction of non-profit homes.
Midori Apparel Vietnam Hoa Binh Co., Ltd. (Luong Son Industrial Park) has recently coordinated with the Management Board of Industrial Parks (Industrial Parks) of Hoa Binh province to organize a ceremony to present a house of gratitude
The Can Tho City Young Entrepreneurs Association, Can Tho City Red Cross Association, and TTC Group coordinated on October 15 to organise a voluntary blood donation programme with the theme "Joy from kindness."
"The GenZ Icon" is a competition to identify the typical young face of Generation Z based on a comprehensive evaluation of appearance, talent, communication ability, and the ability to solve societal problems.
In recent years, the Binh Duong Provincial Trade Union has implemented numerous practical activities to assist union members and workers in particularly difficult circumstances, thereby enhancing their quality of life.
On the afternoon of September 19, the Ha Nam Young Business Association hosted a seminar titled "Setup process - Business operation management 4.0" to assist business owners in enhancing their business management and operations skills.
Recently, the People's Committee of Van Don district, Quang Ninh province issued Decision No. 2726/QD-UBND approving the proposal to recognize the area expected to become Van Don City, Quang Ninh province as meeting the criteria.
Nearly 500,000 students in Hai Phong city enthusiastically welcomed the opening ceremony of the new school year 2023-2024, joining millions of students across the nation in a celebratory mood.
September 2nd, it was decided to open the Hoan Kiem Lake pedestrian street for four days of public holidays.
Opening Hoan Kiem Lake pedestrian street throughout the festival to create opportunities for people and visitors to participate in fun and entertainment activities, and at the same time promote the development of commercial, service, and tourism.