The World Bank released a report on Vietnam's economy in March 2023
- 01:10 17/03/2023
DNHN - In 2023, economists forecast, Vietnam's GDP growth will still face many challenges due to weaker exports to the US and Europe.
The World Bank (WB) released Vietnam's economic update report for March 2023 in Hanoi on March 13 with the theme "Awakening the potential of services for growth."
According to experts from the World Bank, Vietnam's economic growth faces numerous obstacles as a result of the global economy's slow growth and declining demand. Inflation, tightening monetary and financial conditions, and escalating geopolitical complication are all looming threats.
In addition to difficulties, experts from the World Bank noted that Vietnam's economy experienced positive growth in 2022, with a GDP growth rate of over 8%, an increase from the previous year. This robust growth is attributable in part to the low growth effect of 2021, the recovery of domestic demand from the blockade period, and the robust export results in the first three quarters of 2022.
Economists predict that Vietnam's GDP growth will continue to be hampered by weaker exports to certain countries, such as the United States and Europe, and the opening of China in 2023. Vietnam's GDP growth could reach 6.3% in 2023, lower than the growth rate of more than 8% in 2022, due to the effects of financial markets and the global economy reducing the growth momentum in 2023.
Despite the challenges facing Vietnam, according to the economists of the World Bank, Vietnam's economy can perform better if budget spending, particularly private investment, is implemented more efficiently. In addition, the role of fiscal support policy and its effective implementation will continue to play a crucial role in Vietnam's economic recovery and growth, particularly in light of the global situation. There is considerable uncertainty.
- Arton Capital Vietnam and Enterprises and Integration Magazine signed a strategic cooperation agreement
- 2023 will open up new cooperation opportunities between Vietnam and the Czech Republic
- Expecting to join CPTPP, businesses from the UK are especially interested in Vietnam
- ESG procedures will improve and become more systematic once ESG is seen as an opportunity
- Horasis 2022 India Economic Cooperation Forum opens up many cooperation and investment opportunities in Binh Duong
- Prime Minister: It's the responsibility with people if we can't spend money
- Mr Nguyen Minh Cuong, ADB's Chief Economist in Vietnam, believes that Vietnam will continue to recover in the coming months
- ASEAN exports are expanding remarkably and significantly
- Francois Painchaud, IMF Representative in Vietnam and Laos: There are several ways to enhance Vietnam's macroeconomic base
- Nghe An focuses on completing five goals to welcome the new wave of investment
- Vietnam has seven advantages that "attract" international investment
- The United States and Vietnam encourage export firms to comply with customs regulations
- Phu Tho province promotes cooperation with Laotian provinces
- Mr Pham Minh Chinh, Prime Minister of Vietnam, collaborates with the Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group
- Cultural cooperation contributes significantly to the development of diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Italy
- Vietnam tourism is rebounding strongly, with domestic visitors reaching an all-time high
- In the first seven months of 2022, FDI companies had a trade surplus of 18.74 billion USD
- Coordinating with the Committee of Overseas Vietnamese in Ho Chi Minh city
- Established IPP cargo airline
Đọc thêm Business
Business Initiative Community Project in 2023 The Power of Resonance from People - Technology – Communication
According to the theme "Power of Resonance from People - Technology - Communication", the business initiative community project will be maintained and expanded in 2023.
General Department of Customs Applying priority to businesses
Nguyen Van Tho, Deputy Director General of the General Department of Customs, the signing of the Mutual Recognition Agreement on the Priority Enterprise Program (DN) with ASEAN countries
Quang Ngai needs to promote regional linkages, create breakthroughs for development
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung largely concurred with the digital economy scenario, the green economy, and the goals. Create a sustainable future
State Bank :"It is not banks that are causing difficulties for oil and gas companies"
According to the State Bank of Vietnam, petroleum companies face difficulties due to the regulation on the cost of importing gasoline, the formula for calculating the base price
Vietnam's export turnover of onions, chives, and garlic will increase by 20% in 2022
In the past year, the export of this product to the Chinese market has increased by nearly 20%. More than ninety percent of exports go to Asian markets in this industry.
The Ministry of Construction aims to have 1,000 - 1,200 urban areas by 2030
The Ministry of Construction aims for the ratio of urban construction land to total natural land area to reach between 1.9 and 2.3% by 2030; the number of municipalities in the country is approximately 1,000.
Hanoi City promulgates the implementation plan to develop the project of job positions
The Hanoi People's Committee has just released a plan to develop the project of employment positions within its agencies, administrative organizations, and public non-business units.
Consul General of India, Vietnam is a country with the spirit of support, dare to think and dare to do
Mr. Madan Mohan Sethi, Consul General of India in Ho Chi Minh City, embodies one of the most highly regarded trade and investment cooperation philosophies between Vietnam and India.
Vietnam's pangasius industry reaches out to the big sea
The history of the pangasius industry in Vietnam began in the early 1980s when the Vietnamese government decided to develop the aquaculture industry.
How is the Vietnamese auto market in the second month of the year
Compared to January 2023, a month with a shorter sales period due to the Lunar New Year, passenger car sales fluctuated by 21% in February 2023.