Thailand and Indonesia dominate the Vietnamese market for imported automobiles.
DNHN - The majority of automobiles imported into Vietnam during the month were manufactured in Thailand and Indonesia, totaling 7,147 units or 87% of the total number of automobiles with nine seats or fewer imported into Vietnam that month.
The quantity of fully assembled automobiles that were officially registered for customs declarations upon import surged significantly in October 2023, attaining 9,612 units. This represents a 29.4% growth in comparison to the preceding month and is valued at 254.85 million USD. This month, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, and China are the four primary suppliers of imported automobiles to Vietnam.
Cars imported from Thailand constitute the largest proportion, amounting to 4,580 units, followed by China (796 units), Indonesia (3,191 units), and Japan (522 units). Automobiles with nine seats or fewer comprised the majority of the total, amounting to 8,219 units, a 32.6% increase from the previous month.
Principal border crossings and port regions, including Ho Chi Minh City and Hai Phong, have been the primary recipients of imported automobiles, constituting a significant portion of the overall import volume. Specifically, Ho Chi Minh City and Hai Phong both registered to import 4,387 units, representing a 51.6% and 19.6% increase, respectively. These two regions are significant contributors to the number of imported automobiles with nine seats or fewer.
Automobiles originating from Thailand and Indonesia comprised the majority, comprising 7,147 units or 87% of the total number of automobiles with nine seats or fewer that were imported into Vietnam during the specified month. In that regard, the number of automobiles originating from Thailand experienced a 41% surge, culminating in 3,966 units, whereas those originating from Indonesia ascended by 14.6%, to 3,181 units.
- Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
- Unilever Vietnam and nearly Three Decades of Accompanying Vietnam’s Sustainable Development
- Chu Lai International Airport to become international air logistics service centre
- THACO to Recruit over 12,000 New Employees as It Expands into Agriculture
- Dong Thap Welcomes Delegations from Three Provinces of the Kingdom of Cambodia for a Visit and Tet Celebration
- What Obstacles Will the Vietnamese Textile Industry Face in 2024?
- ADB Ready to Support Vietnam in Accessing Loans and Promoting Sustainable Development
- Mr Truong Gia Binh: Vietnamese Labour Force Ready to Take on Semiconductor Industry
- Vietnam-US Trade Turnover Exceeds US$100 Billion for Three Consecutive Years
- Abundant High-Paying Job Opportunities for Vietnamese Workers Abroad
- Can Tho is Accompanied and Developed by VNPT Can Tho Into a Modern and Civilised Metropolis
- Big 4 Banks Secure Profits Reaching and Exceeding the Billion-Dollar Mark
- Hai Phong City: A “Bright Spot” for FDI Attraction
- Korea-Vietnam Basketball Exchange Event to Take Place Soon
- Nam Can Tho University - Providing ASEAN-level Human Resources for the 4.0 Era
- Can Tho Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority: 20 Years of Rising from Adversity
- Vietnam's Trade Surplus with EU and US Markets Reaches $125 Billion
- Vietnam sees remarkable progress in Global Innovation Index
- President Vo Van Thuong attended the 10th anniversary of VSIP Quang Ngai
- Global Sources "entered deeply" into Vietnam markets after 28 years of empowering Global Trade
CapitaLand Development pledges US$30,000 to support early childhood education in Binh Duong province
CapitaLand Development (CLD) has launched the “Steps of Love” campaign in collaboration with the Binh Duong Red Cross Society.
Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
Looking back on the difficult journey in 2023, the Party Committee, government, people and business community in Long An province can be proud to have successfully and comprehensively “overcome the headwinds” together with the whole country.
CareerViet, a company operating in the HR sector, recently organised the successful “Holistic Excellence” event and the “Employer of Choice 2023” awards ceremony, which brought together over 1,000 representatives from leading businesses in Vietnam.
Nguyen Binh Noodles, a brand producing fresh noodles, pho noodles, and fresh macaroni in Ho Chi Minh City, is busy preparing its first export orders after exploring foreign markets since 2023.
A report by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has found that increasing access to domestic trade finance could boost Vietnam’s imports and exports by $55 billion a year.
On February 21, 2024, the “Happy New Year - Breakthrough Connection 2024” festival of the BNI Thanh Hoa Association took place in Thanh Hoa City. The programme was attended by 180 member business owners and 70 guest businesses.
The choice of Binh Duong to host the departure ceremony for this international intermodal train is of great significance. Binh Duong is located in the southeastern region and is one of the most dynamic localities in the south.
Becamex IDC Corporation invests in the Ham Tan - La Gi Industrial - Urban - Service Zone project, with a scale of 5,000 ha and an investment capital of VND 20,000 billion.
With outstanding development potential, along with support from the Government and functional agencies, Binh Thuan has attracted special attention from domestic and foreign investors.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung affirms that Vietnam will become a reliable partner and a key link in the global semiconductor value chain.