Phu Tho: Promoting the Safety of Food Consumption and Production
DNHN - Sustainable food quality and safety management can be achieved through the establishment and development of food chains in agriculture, forestry, and fisheries, with the ultimate aim of promoting safe food production and consumption.
The Department of Agriculture and Rural Development continues to direct specialized units to provide guidance and coordination with districts, cities, and existing visas to replicate, establish, and develop sustainable chain links. The efficacy of Provincial People's Council Promulgating Policy Regulations No. 22/2021/NQ-HDND dated December 9, 2021, to encourage and support agricultural and rural development in Phu Tho province.
In a recent directive, the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development instructed the Department of Quality Management of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, its affiliated units, and localities to effectively establish a food chain system that ensures the safety of agricultural, forestry, and fishery products. Additionally, the directive mandates the tracing of product origin.
Agricultural, forestry, and fishery product-producing and trading establishments and businesses have concurrently supplied supermarket chains including GO Supermarket, Walmart Supermarket, Coop Mart Supermarket, and others.
108 safe food supply chains from agriculture, forestry, and fishing have been implemented to date; these include tea, vegetables, grapefruit, pork, chicken, and mushrooms. Out of the total, 59 product chains are derived from animals and 49 from plants. 194 products and product groups have been acknowledged for meeting OCOP standards of 3 stars or higher. Among these, one product has been awarded the prestigious 5-star rating, 46 products have been awarded 4-star ratings, and 147 products have been awarded 3-star ratings.
Nevertheless, the correlation between establishments' operations and production is tenuous and unreliable; the range and quantity of available products remain restricted, and the selling price of products has failed to live up to producers' expectations. As a result, the replication of secure food supply chains remains limited in scope.
Director of the Department of Quality Management of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries Mr. Do Anh Tuan stated, "We are constantly focused on implementing safe food chains in agriculture, forestry, and fisheries by concentrating on solutions and tasks." In particular, advocate for the dissemination of information and propaganda, as well as legal regulations governing business operations and food and agricultural production, safe manufacturing processes, and food safety measures; ensure that producers and consumers safely utilize food.
In addition, ensure that production and business establishments receive enhanced training and guidance regarding the implementation of linked chain management principles and activity organization; ensure that standards, regulations, and safe production processes are adhered to by cooperatives, businesses, cooperative groups, and small-scale farming households. Provide directives to facilities to conduct internal monitoring to ensure adherence to safe production processes and maintain product quality throughout the entire linked chain, including production, preliminary processing, processing, and trading.
- Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
- Unilever Vietnam and nearly Three Decades of Accompanying Vietnam’s Sustainable Development
- Chu Lai International Airport to become international air logistics service centre
- THACO to Recruit over 12,000 New Employees as It Expands into Agriculture
- Dong Thap Welcomes Delegations from Three Provinces of the Kingdom of Cambodia for a Visit and Tet Celebration
- What Obstacles Will the Vietnamese Textile Industry Face in 2024?
- ADB Ready to Support Vietnam in Accessing Loans and Promoting Sustainable Development
- Mr Truong Gia Binh: Vietnamese Labour Force Ready to Take on Semiconductor Industry
- Vietnam-US Trade Turnover Exceeds US$100 Billion for Three Consecutive Years
- Abundant High-Paying Job Opportunities for Vietnamese Workers Abroad
- Can Tho is Accompanied and Developed by VNPT Can Tho Into a Modern and Civilised Metropolis
- Big 4 Banks Secure Profits Reaching and Exceeding the Billion-Dollar Mark
- Hai Phong City: A “Bright Spot” for FDI Attraction
- Korea-Vietnam Basketball Exchange Event to Take Place Soon
- Nam Can Tho University - Providing ASEAN-level Human Resources for the 4.0 Era
- Can Tho Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority: 20 Years of Rising from Adversity
- Vietnam's Trade Surplus with EU and US Markets Reaches $125 Billion
- Vietnam sees remarkable progress in Global Innovation Index
- President Vo Van Thuong attended the 10th anniversary of VSIP Quang Ngai
- Global Sources "entered deeply" into Vietnam markets after 28 years of empowering Global Trade
CapitaLand Development pledges US$30,000 to support early childhood education in Binh Duong province
CapitaLand Development (CLD) has launched the “Steps of Love” campaign in collaboration with the Binh Duong Red Cross Society.
Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
Looking back on the difficult journey in 2023, the Party Committee, government, people and business community in Long An province can be proud to have successfully and comprehensively “overcome the headwinds” together with the whole country.
CareerViet, a company operating in the HR sector, recently organised the successful “Holistic Excellence” event and the “Employer of Choice 2023” awards ceremony, which brought together over 1,000 representatives from leading businesses in Vietnam.
Nguyen Binh Noodles, a brand producing fresh noodles, pho noodles, and fresh macaroni in Ho Chi Minh City, is busy preparing its first export orders after exploring foreign markets since 2023.
A report by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has found that increasing access to domestic trade finance could boost Vietnam’s imports and exports by $55 billion a year.
On February 21, 2024, the “Happy New Year - Breakthrough Connection 2024” festival of the BNI Thanh Hoa Association took place in Thanh Hoa City. The programme was attended by 180 member business owners and 70 guest businesses.
The choice of Binh Duong to host the departure ceremony for this international intermodal train is of great significance. Binh Duong is located in the southeastern region and is one of the most dynamic localities in the south.
Becamex IDC Corporation invests in the Ham Tan - La Gi Industrial - Urban - Service Zone project, with a scale of 5,000 ha and an investment capital of VND 20,000 billion.
With outstanding development potential, along with support from the Government and functional agencies, Binh Thuan has attracted special attention from domestic and foreign investors.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung affirms that Vietnam will become a reliable partner and a key link in the global semiconductor value chain.