Korea and Vietnam strengthened their partnership in the realm of defence trade.
DNHN - Cooperation in the implementation of the Vietnam-Korea Free Trade Agreement (VKFTA) is deemed to have made positive strides in the context of the agreement's robust implementation.
According to information provided by the Trade Defence Department of the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Trade Defence Department Vietnam Trade Defence and the Korean Trade Commission (KTC) have recently concluded the 8th Meeting of the Trade Defence Subcommittee to Implement the Vietnam-Korea Free Trade Agreement (VKFTA). This event was held as part of a series of annual activities aimed at implementing the commitments between Vietnam and Korea to enhance cooperation in the domain of trade defence. The seventh Joint Working Group on Trade Remedies between Vietnam and Korea met in Ha Long, Quang Ninh province.
Leaders and officials of the trade defence investigation agencies of both nations (Korean Trade Commission and Vietnam Trade Defence Agency), the Korea Trade Promotion Centre (KOTRA), and the Korean Embassy in Vietnam were in attendance at the meeting.
During the meeting between the Korean Trade Commission and the Vietnam Trade Defence Agency, both parties expressed their gratitude for the favourable outcomes that have been attained in the realm of trade defence between the two countries.
The purpose of the meeting was to provide an update on the status of cooperation between the trade defence investigation agencies of both nations and to exchange perspectives and experiences regarding trade defence measures. Cooperation in the implementation of the Vietnam-Korea Free Trade Agreement (VKFTA) is deemed to have made positive strides in the context of the agreement's robust implementation.
In the course of deliberating on legal policies and practises about trade defence cases, delegates from both factions put forth suggestions for potential avenues of collaboration and resolutions.
The representative of the Korean Trade Commission emphasised the significance of regular and close cooperation with the Vietnam Trade Defence Agency after the meeting. Simultaneously, he conveyed bidirectional support for Vietnam on trade forums, with a particular emphasis on trade defence. Vietnam's proactive assistance to Korean-invested businesses in Vietnam during trade defence proceedings is greatly appreciated. The parties express a resolute dedication and a hope for further collaboration in this domain at a later time.
Both parties reached a consensus on the proposed agenda items for the 9th Meeting of the Trade Remedies Subcommittee, which is tasked with implementing the VKFTA Agreement. Additionally, in November 2024, the 8th Meeting of the Vietnam-Korea Joint Working Group on Trade Remedies is scheduled to transpire in Korea.
- Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
- Unilever Vietnam and nearly Three Decades of Accompanying Vietnam’s Sustainable Development
- Chu Lai International Airport to become international air logistics service centre
- THACO to Recruit over 12,000 New Employees as It Expands into Agriculture
- Dong Thap Welcomes Delegations from Three Provinces of the Kingdom of Cambodia for a Visit and Tet Celebration
- What Obstacles Will the Vietnamese Textile Industry Face in 2024?
- ADB Ready to Support Vietnam in Accessing Loans and Promoting Sustainable Development
- Mr Truong Gia Binh: Vietnamese Labour Force Ready to Take on Semiconductor Industry
- Vietnam-US Trade Turnover Exceeds US$100 Billion for Three Consecutive Years
- Abundant High-Paying Job Opportunities for Vietnamese Workers Abroad
- Can Tho is Accompanied and Developed by VNPT Can Tho Into a Modern and Civilised Metropolis
- Big 4 Banks Secure Profits Reaching and Exceeding the Billion-Dollar Mark
- Hai Phong City: A “Bright Spot” for FDI Attraction
- Korea-Vietnam Basketball Exchange Event to Take Place Soon
- Nam Can Tho University - Providing ASEAN-level Human Resources for the 4.0 Era
- Can Tho Export Processing and Industrial Zones Authority: 20 Years of Rising from Adversity
- Vietnam's Trade Surplus with EU and US Markets Reaches $125 Billion
- Vietnam sees remarkable progress in Global Innovation Index
- President Vo Van Thuong attended the 10th anniversary of VSIP Quang Ngai
- Global Sources "entered deeply" into Vietnam markets after 28 years of empowering Global Trade
CapitaLand Development pledges US$30,000 to support early childhood education in Binh Duong province
CapitaLand Development (CLD) has launched the “Steps of Love” campaign in collaboration with the Binh Duong Red Cross Society.
Long An’s Allure - a “Magnet” with Constantly Improving Infrastructure and a Transparent Investment Environment
Looking back on the difficult journey in 2023, the Party Committee, government, people and business community in Long An province can be proud to have successfully and comprehensively “overcome the headwinds” together with the whole country.
CareerViet, a company operating in the HR sector, recently organised the successful “Holistic Excellence” event and the “Employer of Choice 2023” awards ceremony, which brought together over 1,000 representatives from leading businesses in Vietnam.
Nguyen Binh Noodles, a brand producing fresh noodles, pho noodles, and fresh macaroni in Ho Chi Minh City, is busy preparing its first export orders after exploring foreign markets since 2023.
A report by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the World Trade Organisation (WTO) has found that increasing access to domestic trade finance could boost Vietnam’s imports and exports by $55 billion a year.
On February 21, 2024, the “Happy New Year - Breakthrough Connection 2024” festival of the BNI Thanh Hoa Association took place in Thanh Hoa City. The programme was attended by 180 member business owners and 70 guest businesses.
The choice of Binh Duong to host the departure ceremony for this international intermodal train is of great significance. Binh Duong is located in the southeastern region and is one of the most dynamic localities in the south.
Becamex IDC Corporation invests in the Ham Tan - La Gi Industrial - Urban - Service Zone project, with a scale of 5,000 ha and an investment capital of VND 20,000 billion.
With outstanding development potential, along with support from the Government and functional agencies, Binh Thuan has attracted special attention from domestic and foreign investors.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung affirms that Vietnam will become a reliable partner and a key link in the global semiconductor value chain.